Online CoursesChallenging Behaviour > Continence Promotion > CoSHH >
Classroom CoursesModule 1-Classroom courses > Module 2- Classroom Courses > Module 3-Classroom Courses >
Medication,Infection and Role of Care Worker-NOCN Level 2 (module 2)-(£80 per Person)
Medication,Infection and Role of Care Worker-NOCN Level 2 (module 2)
National Qualification in Supporting People with a Learning Disability.
This is an induction course for those wishing to get a National Qualification in Supporting People with a Learning Disability.
It is suitable for those working with Vulnerable Adults and Children.
-Role of a care worker
Module's Record of Competence
• Legislations governing the prescribing, dispensing, administering, storage and disposal of medication.
• Medication policy
• Classifications of medication
• Types of medication
• Different routes/methods of administering medication.
• Safe practice of medication.
• Checking, Recording & keeping receipts of medication.
• Medication Administration record sheet
• Noting and reporting changes to individuals.
• Adverse reactions to medication.
• Checking of Contra/indications whilst giving individual homely remedies.
• Importance of medication audits
• Safe disposal of medication.
• Supporting individuals who are self administering medication.
Role of a care worker.
• Roles & responsibilities- Care activities
• Relevant policies and procedures
• Code of practice
• Working in partnership with others.
• Worker relationship/ maintaining professional boundaries.
• Recording individual care plans.
Food Safety and Infection Control.
• Legislations governing infection control
• Effective hand washing & hygiene
• Use of protective clothing.
• Cleaning of spillages.
• Safe handling of specimens
• Safe disposal of clinical waste.
• Safe storage of food.
• Washing of infected laundry, equipments & instruments.
• Notifiable diseases- E.g. MRSA, tuberculosis, Scabies, head lice etc.
Written Description and Case study
Please choose a centre/date:
|Sorry, no dates available at the moment.|